Thursday, May 10, 2012

2nd anniversary thoughts and pretty things


Tomorrow, May 11th will mark the day, two years ago that Urbanity reopened on South Granville after 5 1/2 years in Gastown.  I have grown very fond of my shop with the narrow window on the noisy Granville Highway!  But just when things seem to be settled, and I dared to extend my buying in Copenhagen in February, there was a shakedown.  Bab's shop has now gone, and an oriental rug shop - the 6th, or is it 7th? within two blocks, has opened beside me.  The attraction of two clothing shops on the scenic side of Broadway is no more.  No more morning chats with Viola as we sweep the sidewalk.  Now I am the only person within the 5 shop span owned by my landlord who sweeps at all!


It was also two years ago I discovered the Northwest Trend show -- a buyers market that happens every two months in Seattle.  I don't go every time, but when I do, I always find something that I think will be of interest to my valued customers.  At the end of March I found a collection of Indian fine cotton lawn nightdresses.  Beautiful cotton, and lovely (machine) embroidery -- so I bought 11 different designs.  We will be making these available for purchase on Saturday, May 12th for $65 each.

$200 Gift Certificate to Urbanity, and more -- The South Granville BIA has a Mom's Day contest happening right now.  You can help promote Urbanity, and win a gift.  Please participate by following this LINK.

No comments: