Sunday, February 12, 2012

Oleana blankets for those you love

The Globe and Mail has featured a beautiful Oleana blanket in their Valentines Day Gift Guide this weekend. This kind of editorial is invaluable for a small independant shop like Urbanity, and I have made sure that I have linked my Toronto client to this opportunity through my rep website www.oleana.ca. Blankets are for those you love -- starting with yourself!

It is only two weeks since I was in Toronto at the IDS12 where I gave out 1000 cards to prospective clients and customers.  Once again the event was fun and productive.

Last Sunday morning I was in Copenhagen having brunch with friend before heading out to the last afternoon at the Fashion Fair.  I found some fabulous small companies to buy from.  The fair was for next winter's collections, but I did also find a few summer items to supplement the collections I have already ordered.

I arrived  back at Urbanity on Thursday to see that my neighbour shop is up for rent.  Babs has decided to focus on an on-line business and is looking for somebody to take over her lease asap.   I very much hope that a complimentary shop moves in.   I am somewhat shaken by this turn of events, as I have heard that a Pizza Slice shop is pressuring the landlord.  (note, the link to respond to this post is julia@urbanity.ca)


No comments: