Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Summer flowers

We were expecting  a summer collection from McVerdi in Denmark, but it never arrived, which for a while was a bit of a worry.   As it turned out though, the collections that did come seemed to be perfect for the weather we have been having.  We are close to August which is bound to be sunnier than July, and so I am pleased that a small collection of Indian cotton dresses from Anokhi via Magic Mountain, have arrived.  The dresses are made by Anokhi in India for Magic Mountain which is an Ontario based company.  They are block printed in wonderful colours.  It is still my dream to bring Anokhi directly from India.

I ordered more linen 'lantern' pants from Cut loose which are on their way.  Because I have had requests for them, I have also ordered a good selection of corduroy pants for the autumn -- basic cord pants that are the perfect basic casual pant.

Two of the 6 Liberty print dresses have been sent from Up The Wooden Hills in Sweden -size S and L. Two more are expected to be sent over the coming weekend. I am very interested to see the first two dresses which should arrive before the end of the week. Designer Lisa makes each dress herself
I have just enjoyed some days at home while Mieka has looked after the store.  I have enjoyed exploring all the new shops and coffee shops in Gastown.  I will add these two special places to my list on the right hand side of this page, but in the meantime, if you are in Gastown, do visit Olla Flowers, a most unusual flower shop on the second floor (where Mooncruise used to be).  And although there are lots of places to enjoy a cup of good coffee, I have totally fallen in love with Nelson the Seagull on Carrall Street.  They make their own slow-rise bread and everything is organic.  It has become a popular spot for lunch.  They serve their delicious coffee in thin cups, so it is piping hot.

No comments: