Monday, May 17, 2010

Daydreams

The shop is closed today because it is Monday.  I have enjoyed my day wandering in my thoughts and in my neighbourhood.    I do love what I would call the 'craziness' of my 'hood -- it is full of opposites.  I enjoy juxtapositions and contradictions.  For this reason I got excited when Patsy posted the website of Danish designer Violise Lunn!  Violise makes shoes and dresses from paper.  Her shoes make feel amazingly happy and contented too, because they are such beautiful pieces of work.  Some years ago I saw an exhibition in Hove, England called Princess SuSu.  It was an exhibition of 'unwearables' that I often think about!   If you search, you may find more images from the Princess SuSu exhibition.

In the meantime, make sure you visit the exhibition of Vancouver 'real' shoe designers John Fluevog and Peter Fox at the MOV.

No comments: