Friday, January 9, 2009

Yuletide ended on the 7th of January. In Denmark it is called Hellig Tre Konger, the day when the 3 Kings bearing gifts finally arrived in Bethlehem. In some cultures the 7th of January or 'little Christmas' is a day of gift giving, and if you follow the song, the 'Twelve Days of Christmas' you know that the Twelth day is present overload!!!

I received a card from Pernilla Svenre in Sweden with the prettiest stamps, and the three crowns were stamped on by the post office. I have asked my facebook friends to help uncover the meaning--does it have something to do with the Hellige Tre Konger, or does it have to do with something Swedish. I have scanned it for you to see. Maybe one of you knows??

I took down the advent ring between Christmas and New Year. It was getting very dry and I was a bit worried about the candles. It was nice to take it down, and to change the displays around. It felt good to greet the new year with Christmas put away.


















No comments: